The effects of HBOT
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) has a very good and beneficial effect in multiple areas:
1. Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) is a vasoconstrictor; it therefore reduces edema or swelling.
2. HBOT promotes neovascularization. When oxygen levels are increased fibroblasts divide, producing more collagen and new capillaries (neovascularization).
3. HBOT enhances the killing power and activity of white blood cells (leukocytes).
4. HBO kills anaerobic bacteria. HBOT is effective in fighting many infections and is bacteriostatic against anaerobes and stops exotoxin production.
5. HBOT more rapidly heals tissue that heals the slowest, which is the tissue, which has the least blood supply such as the "white tissue" in the body. Tendons, ligaments, meniscus in the joints, spinal discs, bones and even brain tissues are all capillary deficient and each exhibit more rapid repair when benefitted by HBOT.
6. HBO regenerates damaged nervous system cells. HBOT neutralizes the toxic cellular by-products and can return damaged neurons to prior activity.
Please read more about the effects of AHA Flex hyperbaric chamber here.